Subscribe:

Pages

Tuesday 18 October 2011


Toby and the Lullaby Song
By: Jessica G.

Don't give up
It's just the weight of the world
Don't give up
Every one needs to be heard
You are loved
I heard the song from a shop behind me. I’m not 100% believe that song. Is it true? I’m loved? No, no, no. I have a broken family, my girlfriend doesn’t love me, and my boss retired me because of the economic crisis. My dad killed my mom and after a week, my father was suicide. That was happen when I was still studying in Senior High School. I have no money, and I was drop out from the school. My girlfriend said if I’m silly, ugly, and blah-blah-blah! I didn’t understand what did she said to me. Her beautiful face became so ugly when she said those words to me. My boss has reduced my earnings. He reduced 500$ every month! Can you imagine it? Finally he dismissed me. I became so angry because of my life.
My name is Toby. 31 years ago, I was born in a poor family. I was lucky because I could study like every child in this city until Senior High school and yeah… I have told it to you… My life at the past time… I hope I could change my family’s life, but in the fact, I couldn’t change it.
I think, I’m the worst person in this world. This hypocrite world, with all the liars. Yeah, I hope I became a genius alien from the other planet. But I understood, it just a dream. Better I was dead. In the fact, I’ve walked until I saw a small river. How beauty this river! Suddenly, a girl stood beside my body. She is beauty, but her eyes “told” me if she was sad. “Hey! You’re looking so sad… What happened?” I asked. She looked at me and I saw a beautiful smile. “ I’m fine, Toby.” she answered. “Why do you know my name? I’ve not seen you before. Who are you?” I asked her again. “Have you forgotten me? I was your friend.”
Suddenly, after she has done her answer, the snow fell down from the sky. The instrumental music of Twilight song (a kind of Lullaby song) sounds not too clearly. That girl jumped to the river. I was shocked. Without thinking, I jumped to the river to save her. In the fact, the river was so deep. When I caught her hands, she smiled and suddenly the surface of the river froze and she was disappear! I started to be out of breath. I tried to swim to the surface of the river, but it was too late. All of the surface of the river has been closed with the thick ice layer. Finally, I have out of breath. And I couldn’t felt anything and I forgot anything. I never supposed it.
In the autumn, someone went to that river. He saw a corpse. The corpse has become blue. The Police checked the corpse and it was Toby. Finally the corpse of Toby was buried and when the coffin was closed, unclearly sounds the instrumental music of Twilight song. Everybody who came to the Toby’s funeral heard it and they prayed for Toby who has become a melody in their heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment